Thursday, December 18, 2008

Sittin' In The Window... Feeding My Soul

I'm watching the snow fall. Can't tell you how much this ministers to me, or why. It just does. I can so easily get lost in the flakes as they drift to the ground. Right now it's the kind of snow I've been waiting for all week. Up until now, it's been icy, hard, cold, windy snow, with little tiny pellets blowing like fog across the world, only to vanish in the wind. Today it's the gentle kind of snow that comes to the earth with a kiss and nestles down in soft contentment. It's beautiful. I hope it lasts a while. "More, more," she cried.


Here's my house, wearing just a thin white winter jacket. It needs a heavier coat, don't you think?



Here's the view across the street. I've always thought that Snow White should live in this house and stand on that little balcony singing. Today, it's even more appropriate.


My neighborhood has lots of trees that look pretty all year round, but even more so when they're dressed in white. Of course,, in my opinion, even the power lines look almost pretty when they're covered in snow. I'm awfully easy to please when the snow is falling.

If you're in the neighborhood, I hope you're enjoying this as much as I am.