Tuesday, November 28, 2006

A New Feature

I thought I'd give you all an extra added bonus just for stopping by the Meow. The sidebar will now feature automatically updated local weather conditions. Everyone cares about the weather in Portland, right? Actually, even though what shows up on the blog is specific to my home town, posting it here really is about you, too, because if you click on the link, you'll be taken to Weather Underground, where you can plug in a zip code for the complete weather update and forecast for your location of choice. Cool, huh? It has links to satellite images, maps and ski conditions (very important here in Meowville), and a trip planner, where you plug in some dates and up pop predictions based on local averages for that time-frame. One neat little feature is the link to "Personal Weather Stations," where you can find frequently updated info from various locations all over your region, for a more precise view of the weather in your area. For example, I just discovered that, as of 3 minutes and 59 seconds ago, it was 35.5 degrees, with a NW wind of 2.0mph, at 135th and Division. I have no real use for this information, but who cares? I have it at my fingertips, and that's all that really matters.

Right now outside my window, beautiful snow is falling lightly to the ground. It's not much, and it's not going to stick around, but just to watch it fall is a treat. I can't remember the last time we got snow in November. Heck, I can barely remember the last time we got snow at all. Weather Underground says we can look forward to ice pellets on Thursday. That's not quite as fun, is it Precious? Oh well, for now it's snowing, and that makes the world a little more magical. Happy Kat.