Tuesday, October 24, 2006

So Cool

NASA images (provided by your tax dollars) are free to the public, and sometimes so cool you just can't believe they're brought to you by the government!! Here's a link to an amazing image of "The Blue Marble" that is our lovely home planet. Be sure to click on one of the links to a bigger image (to the right of the smaller picture), and also read the description of how they got the picture pulled together over a period of months. I may have to make this shot the wallpaper on my laptop for a while. Right now it's another galaxy, which is also cool, but the blue marble picture is just so pretty, I'm not sure I can resist.

Update: I didn't even try to resist--"The Blue Marble" is now what will greet me when I turn on my computer. I'm not sure how long it will last, but it's awfully beautiful, so it'll take something really spectacular to knock it out of its new place.