Friday, January 19, 2007

Huh...

What do you think of this? It's a Detroit News story, by Jennifer Chambers, about a boy who killed somebody at the age of 11, was tried as an adult, convicted at 13, went into juvenile detention, and now, at 21, has been released and is being given two years free rent and a college education, courtesy of the taxpayers of Michigan. Read the whole thing. There are lots of details clear through the end of the article, and I'm curious whether those details influence your opinion of how this story, this case--this young man's life--is playing out. I'm also curious what you think about his wardrobe and his career aspirations. Do they affect your perspectives on this case, or are they non-relevant and frivolous things to notice? I don't usually just toss something out there for you to read without giving my take on the matter, for good or ill, but I'm really interested in finding out what other people think of this, and want you to read it cold, uninfluenced by anybody else's spin, including mine.

Please, do come back and let me know what you think. I know most people who come to the Meow don't comment, and it's left to a handful of people who know me personally to give me any feedback. It's understandable--I am the same way myself. I very seldom comment on other people's blogs, but I really am interested in your opinion, so if you find yourself with anything to say (as long as it's civil), feel free to trot on back here and spout off. It's an open invitation.

Hat tip: Instapundit